Friday, July 2, 2010

History Lesson

Conversation between Ryan & Andrew in van...
Ryan - Did you know that Thomas Edison had a brother named Thomas? I can't think of his last name. But he was famous. Oh I know, his name was Thomas Jefferson.
Me - I don't think they were brothers.
Ryan - OK, but I read that in a book. I guess the book was wrong. But maybe they were best friends. No, wait! Thomas Edison's best friend was the guy that invented the car. What was his name?
Me - Henry Ford?
Ryan - Yes! That was him - they were buddies.
Andrew - That guy invented this car? (Indicating our van).
Ryan - Well no. Well, yes actually. But it was a wooden car. They didn't have iron or glass or tires just laying around back then.
Andrew - Wooden???
Ryan - Yes. All over.
Andrew - But how did they see out if the windows were made of wood?
Ryan - They didn't! They couldn't ride in the cars - there was nothing in them!
Me - I'm pretty sure the reason they had cars was to ride in them.
Ryan - Well, yeah, but they didn't have wooden windows. They just had big holes.
Andrew - And seats made of wood?
Ryan - Yes! It wasn't very comfortable.

You should be impressed I remembered this conversation fairly accurately!

6 comments:

  1. well, I am impressed you remembered and I'm laughing my butt off! Where do they come up with this stuff?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm impressed you can remember these gems that rolls out of their mouths during rides in the car, at the zoo, at bedtime. you amaze me and the boys amaze and amuse me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that kid has answer for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great book this will be! One day you will be on Larry King (or his replacement, as it were) telling all these funny stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Idea!!! Those boys will make you rich yet! I'm amazed at how quick on his feet Ryan is. There's nothing you say to him that throws him, that brain already has an answer.

    S C A R Y

    (maybe a little too much like foof)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Har har! Ryan would be LUCKY to be like Foof! Eh, maybe not. They crack me up!

    ReplyDelete