Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ryan is Multicultural

For some reason, Ryan has been under the impression for sometime now that Don is a black man. Once, I was talking to him about how sometimes kids don't look like their parents - especially when they are adopted. (His best friend is black and was adopted by white parents). He nodded and said, "Yeah, just like Daddy is black but we are white."
I told him that Daddy has darker skin than us, but he's not black. I thought he had it down but when he brought home a recent portrait he did at school, I realized maybe not! Here's his picture he made of his Dad...

7 comments:

  1. I am just sitting here laughing! I've heard him say this before and I do not understand it. Have you spoken to Terry and Karine about this situation? Maybe they could shed some light...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember before I had Colin, Dad mentioned to Bryan that since he was adopted that he wasn't sure what Colin would look like... Too funny!! That picture should be your Christmas card next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hilarious. it's not a bad likeness, i must say. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very good drawing. aside from the tan, it looks pretty close. i'm telling you, it's because donald j penopscot's legs look like a gorillas. epilady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to stop reading these. Ed thinks that I am resting in bed but I'm laughing like a lunatic

    ReplyDelete