Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Advertising is Awesome

Yesterday, Luke and I were in CVS looking for gumdrops. Yes, I put up the gumdrop tree again this year, and so far, Luke has decided not to trade gumdrops for time out (see earlier post).
Anyway, Luke was running up and down the toy aisle like a maniac when he heard a commercial over the loud speaker radio for Pillow Pets. You know that lovely annoying song, "It's a Pillow. It's a Pet. It's a Pillow Pet!"
He froze and gasped and yelled as loud as he could, "Wait! They got Pillow Pets here!"
I tried explaining that it was just a commercial so they might not have them.
No sir, he didn't believe that. He went running even wilder around the store looking for them. And of course, he found them. Wish you could have seen his "told you so" face to me.
So I'm hoping Santa pulls through on the Pillow Pet request at Christmas!!

4 comments:

  1. Colin wants one too. Pitiful... Hope Lukie doesn't mind sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get that baby a pillow pet. Luke, not Colin. I sorta think 17 is too dang old for a pillow pet. In fact, I know it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, 17 is NOT too old for a pillow pet. The one who said this probably still has Casper...

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a matter of fact, I do still have casper. He's too good to let go!

    ReplyDelete