Wednesday, February 24, 2010

May Have to Move to Maximum Security

The boys haven't provided me with much to write about the last few days so here's another Way Back Wednesday.

At Christmas time this year, as usual, I put out the gumdrop tree. It is for looks only - DON'T eat the gumdrops!!!
Ryan and Andrew have given up eating them (I think - but you know they might be sneaking them and replacing them for all I know). But it was sort of torture for poor Luke. He constantly begged for them.
I gave in a few times but most of the time he asked, I told him no.
One day, he just couldn't take it and longer and even though I said no, he climbed up on the counter and got a gumdrop.
I scolded him and told him not to do it again or he'd be going to time out.
A few minutes later he walked by me eating something. I asked him what he had in his mouth.
And as he kept walking, he replied, "Eating gumdrop - going to time out!" He took his gumdrops (he'd taken a handful) and proceeded to eat them while sitting in his time out spot.
The punishment was totally worth the crime in his eyes!!!

3 comments:

  1. He's a smart boy. Just like when I wanted to pierce my ear and mom told me no. I promptly did it, then went to tell on myself. As I recall, I got more than time-out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's one of the best ever!!!!! What you got for your ear piercing, foof, was all self-inflicted. I think you totally hurt yourself and proceded to squall!

    ReplyDelete