Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ye Olde Bait and Switch

This isn't an actual Stout Boyz Funny because it didn't happen to my fellas. But it made me laugh all the same.
We were at the zoo and a woman with at least 6 kids was trying to wrangle all of them out of the splash area and the kids were not cooperating to say the least. She finally had all but 1 of them out - a toddler probably around 18 months old.
I heard her saying something that resembled "Here, kitty, kitty" and she was holding a can out to the kid.
He saw what she had and came running. As soon as he was in range, she grabbed him and shoved him in the stroller. She laughed and put the can away and told him he couldn't have them. Turns out it was a can of Vienna sausages.
Poor kid!! I can honestly say I've never lured my kids with food and then not let them have it.
And if you are going to do that... Vienna sausages? Seriously??

2 comments:

  1. well, in the day I did love me some vieenas as we called them...that does seem mean! Did the kid scream?

    ReplyDelete