Monday, December 17, 2012

Dorothy's Main Man

Ever since Luke began his obsession with Disney (don't blame me!), we've had a nightly ritual. It's from a scene in Aladdin.
I always say "Goodnight my handsome prince." And he replies, "Sleep well, princess."
Then I say I love you and insert a Disney prince name. Or really any character's name, and he replies with I love you and the girl's name that goes with it.
Well now he is on a Wizard of Oz bender...
As I was tucking him in he said, "What's Dorothy's boyfriend's name?"
Me: I don't think she has one.
Luke: Yes she does!!
Me: I don't know who it is then.
Luke: I think it's the scarecrow.
Me: No he was just her friend.
Luke: No, he is her boyfriend! She tells him she will miss him most of all when she goes home!!
Me (finally catching on): Ok. Goodnight my handsome prince.
Luke: Sleep well princess.
Me: I love you Scarecrow.
Luke: I love you Dorothy!!

5 comments:

  1. He will be sharing all of this with his analyst someday! And what do you mean, don't blame you? Whose fault is it, Donald Penapscot's??? Really, he is just the sweetest baby EVER :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so dang sweet. And, yeah, it's your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the SWEETEST. he will always remember that little ritual!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw, do you EVER read these comments??? we never get replies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I do read the comments!! But I get them auto from email and my phone is a pain to use to reply to them. Sorry for that but I do enjoy the comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete