Thursday, January 5, 2012

He Probably Heard it From His Father!

Ryan very casually started up a conversation yesterday.  Here it is:
Ryan: "Hey.  Sometimes we read the dictionary at school and today we found a naughty word.  And it's a CHILDREN'S dictionary!"  He looked completely shocked when he said this.
Me:  "I hate to ask but tell me what word it is."
R:  "This one."  Then he pointed down.  "It said it was a place of suffering."
M:  "Well that is true and although it's not something you should say, it is a place and if you are talking about that place, it's really not a bad word.  But what's the deal?  Were you guys just looking for bad words?"
R: "No.  I was looking up...  helicopter."  (I was impressed he thought that up so quickly.)
R: "Some kids in the class have read almost the whole dictionary! I've read a bunch but I don't read the definitions - just the words."
I've got to find some books he is willing to read!!

3 comments:

  1. hey, you HAVE found a book he is willing to read, THE DICTIONARY!!! Like I say, the Stout Boyz Funnies everyday keeps the blues away...And, he probably WAS looking up helicopter, Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have all the Boxcar Children books. Maybe he'd like to borrow?

    ReplyDelete