Friday, September 30, 2011

That's a Real Knee Slapper, Old Timer!

We were talking about girls the other day and I told Ryan that I wasn't much of a girlie-girl growing up - I was more like a tom-boy.  I asked about the girls in his class and he said most of them were tom-boys but some of them were "keen on" things like makeup and jewelry.
I laughed so hard when he said "keen on" that I choked on my dinner.  I don't know what struck me so funny (and apparently it's not that funny judging from the crickets I heard when I re-told the story to Don), but it killed me so I wanted to write it down for my own sake!
I don't know where he got it - we are listening to the Henry Huggins books that were written in the 50s and 60s so maybe from there?
As Gaddy would have said, "That's rich!"  (And I can actually hear Gaddy saying "keen on" also so maybe he was channeling him a bit!)

4 comments:

  1. That cracks me up! Kim said that sounds like something I would say. That Ryan is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a "Gaddyism" for sure! It makes me laugh that he would say "keen on" instead of "really likes" or something like that. Yes, that's rich...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! even though you got crickets at home, it was a hit with us!

    ReplyDelete