Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cheesy

Like most people right now, we have a bad case of Olympic fever.  So yesterday we had our own version of a swimming relay.  Ryan was swimming the first leg and Luke, Andrew and I were on the deck cheering until it was our turn.  Andrew and I were yelling things like "Go USA!" and "Watch out - here comes the French team!"  when Luke started yelling, "Go Cheeseburger!!"
He yelled it a hundred times and Ryan finally stopped swimming to ask what he was saying.  When he realized it, he told Luke, "You know I don't like cheeseburgers!"
So Luke started yelling, "Go Grilled Cheese!"

This reminds me of something funny from last year at school.  Mind you this is last year so Ryan was in 3rd grade.  He said he wanted to eat lunch at school that day and they were having cheeseburgers.  I'd never questioned it before but for some reason that day I thought about it and asked why he liked school cheeseburgers and wouldn't eat them anywhere else.  He replied, "I don't eat the meat."  Glad to know his lunch money for three years was well-spent.

3 comments:

  1. Did Luke and Andrew swim a leg, too? I bet that was fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. When I asked Andrew last month if he was excited about the Olympics, he replied, "Nah, I'm not really INTO the Olympics..." ! ;)

    ReplyDelete